TO: ALL CHURCHES, SUPERINTENDENTS AND COUNCILS
FROM: THE MODERATOR, MR G KHOSA
DATE: 19TH FEBRUARY 2019
SUBJECT: 2019 SYNOD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND MINISTERS
Notice is hereby given that there will be an A.G.M of the Synod from 26th to 27th April 2019, Venue to be advised. Notice is also given that there will be a Ministers Retreat on 24th – 26th April starting at 6pm on the 24th April 2019. The Ministers Retreat will end on 26th April 2018 at 1:00pm.
1. VENUE: Mount Selinda High School
DATE: 26th – 27th APRIL 2019
TIME: STARTING TIME: 1400 HOURS
2. The proposed Agenda is attached.
3. AGM MEMBERS: (See Constitution Page 8 numbers 8.2.3 – 188.8.131.52)
3.1 All Synod Executive Committee Members
3.2 Delegates from each Church on the basis that a Church shall be represented by one delegate for every 100 members up to a maximum of 3 delegates provided a Church of between 40 and 100 members shall be represented by one delegate.
Therefore, the minimum number of delegates a Church can send is two (an Executive Committee Member, plus an AGM delegate) without a Pastor and three with a Pastor; four if membership is over 100 and five if membership is more than 200; e.g
1. 40 – 100 Members without a Pastor – 2 delegates (An Executive Committee member and an AGM delegate) and 3 delegates with a Pastor.
- 101 – 200 – 3 delegates without a Pastor and 4 delegates with a Pastor
- 201 + 4 delegates without a Pastor and 5 delegates with a Pastor
3.3 All Pastors in charge of Churches and those on secondment, Councils and Institutions
3.4 Three delegates from each Council
3.5 All Headmasters of UCCZ Schools
3.6 All Medical Superintendents from Hospitals
3.7 One representative of UCCZ employees
NB: This means that a Church can send a maximum of 5 people, if it has more than 200 Voting Active members, Pastor in Charge, Executive Committee Member and 3 delegates.
4. Transport costs will be paid by the sending Church, Council and Institutes for all delegates including the Pastor – in- Charge
5. REGISTRATION AND FOOD CONTRIBUTION: $70.00 PER PERSON (Churches, Councils and institutions are required to pay registration for their Ministers/Pastors). Observers are also required to pay registration.
6. ARRIVAL: Delegates are expected to arrive from 10:00 am
7. LUNCH: – There will be Lunch between 1200 Hours – 1400 Hours
8. There will be food tickets given to every Delegate and Minister on registration.
AGENDA FOR THE 46TH SYNOD A.G.M
26TH – 27TH APRIL 2019
VENUE – MOUNT SELINDA HIGH SCHOOL
TIME: 1400 HOURS:
1. Arrival and Registration of Delegates
2. Devotion: The N/Conference Supt. – Rev. L Simango
3. Establishment of a quorum (50% + 1)
4. Call to order by the Moderator
6. Adoption of Agenda
7. Minutes of previous AGM
8. Matters arising from the 2018 Synod AGM
9. Summary of Actions
10. Fraternal Greetings from sister Churches & Partners
11. President’s Report
12. Auditor’s Report
13. Treasurer’s Report
14. University Council Report
15. Conferences Reports (E/C, N/C, W/C)
16. Spiritual Councils Reports – Ruwadzano, CYF, Volunteers, Ministers Retreat
17. Service Councils Reports – Medical, Education, Agriculture, Stations,
18. Recommendations from Standing Committees – Legal, HR, Security
20. Date and Venue of next AGM
21. Closing Prayer & Benediction – President – Rev E.T.C Ngadziore
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: – SUPERINTENDENTS OF CONFERENCES
- CHAIRPERSONS/ PRESIDENTS OF COUNCILS
- MEDICAL COUNCIL
FROM: THE PRESIDENT, REV E.T.C NGADZIORE
DATE: 19TH FEBRUARY 2019
SUBJECT: A.G.M DATES AND ANNUAL REPORTS
Greetings to you in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
This year our Annual General Meeting will be held from 26th – 27th April 2019 in the Northern Conference.
AGM reports should reach us by 5th April 2019 so that they can be bound into a book. Those with typing facilities should send typed reports. Reports received after this date will not be included in the bound book. In case you fail to send the report to the Head Office in time, please produce 150 copies to be distributed to the delegates at the AGM.